Monday, October 8, 2012

Some Fall favorites

I have not posted in a while...been quite busy....Not sewing, unfortunately but hopefully soon.  I have been looking through all of the magazines and have been noticing some things. 

Suits are some of my favorite garments to make. They look sharp and pulled together without much effort. You can mix the pieces in order to stretch your wardrobe. So happy they are making a comeback, although some would say they never stop wearing them.

Loving the boxy coat trend as well.  The blue and camel coats are two of my favorites.  I have pulled out all of the outerwear fabrics in my stash and trying to decide which one to make first. I have this beautiful hunter green mix of wool and something else, not sure, but great for a coat.  I have a couple of Vogue patterns I am looking at and will decide tonight which one I want to make.
As always, Happy Sewing!

3 comments:

  1. I like the boxy trend too. Have you made many suits ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lisa,
      I have in the past made many pant and skirt suits. I have a some fabric and patterns already planned for a couple of suits. I may post the fabric and patterns next. I am a lover of suits and have quite a few in my closet now both RTW and MADE by Me.

      Delete
  2. I am an avid fan of suits and would love to get myself focused enough to make a few. I also want to make a coat this year and again need to focus. Thanks for the inspiration pics.

    ReplyDelete

McCalls 7429

Well I am back at it again. I decided I needed a new black dress and I am so loving that twisted pleated action of McCalls 7429. I made two ...