Monday, October 24, 2011

Must haves for Fall

I was finally able to sneak in a little sewing over the weekend. I made the McCalls jacket pattern 6408, view B.  The fabric choice from my stash is a grey light weight wool knit.  I must say I love the way it came out and it looks exactly like the pattern. I only changed the back by adding a seam instead of using the fold of the fabric due to the sway of my back.

I wore it to church yesterday with a pair of dark jeans and a cowl neck pullover. I love the fit and the jacket was quite easy to make.  It took about 2 hours because I was doing other things while sewing but I'm sure if I sewed without interruptions it would take no more than 30 to 45 minutes as the pattern suggests.









By completing this one item I feel my desire to sew easing its way back. I have been so overwhelmed with the two classes I am taking plus working full time. Hopefully you will be seeing more of my sewing in the near future. As always, Happy Sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

McCalls 7429

Well I am back at it again. I decided I needed a new black dress and I am so loving that twisted pleated action of McCalls 7429. I made two ...