Monday, August 12, 2013

Sewing with a plan (SWAP)

Hello All

I know it has been a while and I really can't say why I haven't blogged.  I have certainly been busy sewing but not necessarily for myself. I have made quite a few dresses for my granddaughter and that has been enjoyable.  She is 12 and loves it when her "Nana" makes her things. 

I have certainly been reading everyone's blog and loving the many garments you are creating and feeling a little melancholy because I have not been in the mood to sew for myself.  I have hit a sewing wall.  I am normally very creative and always thinking of garments I would like to make. Lately I have been going into the sewing room with every intention to sew and then loose all interest.

I thought about just making anything to get out of the slump I'm in but that hasn't proven to fruitful. I am kind of excited about fall because it is my favorite season of all.  This brings me to the title of my post.  I think if I have a plan for what I want to make maybe that will help drive the creative juices, so for the first time I am sitting down and coming up with a plan for some new wardrobe additions.  Then I will choose the patterns and fabric and hopefully I will be back in the sewing saddle.

I did visit Joann's on yesterday and did my part in purchasing some 70 cent McCall's patterns.  I wonder how much Vogue will be on sale considering they are celebrating their 70th year.  Just a thought!

So until next time....Happy Sewing everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hi There, Missed you; I know what you mean; I too haven't been able to get it in gear (sewing wise, that is).

    ReplyDelete

McCalls 7429

Well I am back at it again. I decided I needed a new black dress and I am so loving that twisted pleated action of McCalls 7429. I made two ...