Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Ankara Patchwork Skirt

As I have stated many times, in love with African or Ankara print fabrics.  A couple of weeks ago, I participated in a Flea Market/Car Wash.  Had a wonderful time and made quite a few contacts.  This patchwork skirt is a result of that car wash.  Completed this lovely one for one of my new contacts.  I am certain she will be happy with the result.

I like this skirt because there is no pattern, only measurements. I have made it three times now so it flows together with no problems.  I originally made the skirt for myself and had never worn it.  I decided to offer it in the flea market and it was a crowd pleaser.  I will make it again for myself with a few additions I have been thinking about as of late.

Almost ready to begin my fall sewing.  Ahh Fall, how I love thee, let me count the ways... LOL! It has been tremendously hot and humid this summer season so I am looking forward to my favorite time of the year.

Until next time, Happy Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

McCalls 7429

Well I am back at it again. I decided I needed a new black dress and I am so loving that twisted pleated action of McCalls 7429. I made two ...