Sunday, November 4, 2018

Long time,No Post.

Wow! It has been a long time since I've posted to my blog.  Been sewing but quite busy working and doing other things.  I have certainly missed posting and told myself that 2018 was going to be a more consisting blogging year, HA.  We are almost done with 2018 and I have not been that active blogging. Hoping to change that with these last few weeks in the the year.

On the sewing front my latest make McCalls 7429. 
   I purchased this pattern when it was released and cut it out only a few months ago and put it down again.  I was looking for something quick and easy to sew last night because I wanted a new dress to wear to church  just because.  The pattern was already prepped and all I needed was to lay it out, cut and sew.  No buttons or zippers, another plus.  I had a nice knit in my stash from 2014, purchased from Fabricmart.com.   This fabric was perfect for this dress.  The weight and stretch was perfect and the dress sewed up so nicely, pressed great and fit exactly as I wanted it to fit.                                     
 The pleats in the front of the dress gave me a little trouble until I checked YouTube. It finally made sense and came together with no problem at all.  I certainly will make this dress again in another nice knit with different sleeves because I really like the pleats in the front. It very well may become a little black dress.                                                                                                                                                       
                                    


I think I am going to put some effort into the look of my blog by changing the format and look of it.  Maybe then I will be more effective in blogging.  Until then, Happy Sewing and hopefully I will blog more before the year ends.                                                                                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment

McCalls 7429

Well I am back at it again. I decided I needed a new black dress and I am so loving that twisted pleated action of McCalls 7429. I made two ...