Monday, November 21, 2011

Finished UFO

I have finished McCalls 5536, size 14, in a gray knit fabric.  This pattern had been cut out for quite a while and needed completion. I completed version C and E.  I was drawn to the knotted front of the tunic. I am happy with the results and the pattern was easy to sew. I may make it again.






Also completed at this time is New Look pattern 6831, View D. I made the sleeves long with cuffs. I really like the fabric.  It is Joann's speciality fabric, black and white, houndstooth pattern, 100% poly. This blouse came out so nice, it has a real rich look and I love it.  I had to tweak the pattern and I will probably not use it again.  I do have another pattern that is similiar that is Vogue.  I will make that pattern out of some additional fabric I have in my stash.   I realized the other day that I had cut out a lot of items out of gray fabrics.  I obviously was on a gray kick at that time. Great color to pair with red and blue.  I have those colors in my stash as well.





Looking forward to this Thanksgiving Holiday weekend, hope to complete some additional wardrobe items.  Thinking about making a couple pair of pants and a of course a dress.
As always, Happy Sewing.







1 comment:

  1. Both tops came out nice and totally love the houndstooth top.. it could be contributed to the fact that I made New Look pattern 6831 twice.

    ReplyDelete

McCalls 7429

Well I am back at it again. I decided I needed a new black dress and I am so loving that twisted pleated action of McCalls 7429. I made two ...