Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My New Coat




Finally getting some sewing done. I am in the process of completing a coat I started on Sunday 10/30/11. Would have completed it if it were not for homework which is taking up so much of my life right now. Not complaining, just explaining. It is made out of a wool, tweed-boucle combination.  My daughter had purchased this fabric years ago thinking she was going to get me to make her something.  She finally gave it to me and I am happy about it seeing as I live in the northeast where it snows for real and she lives in the south where they get flukes of cold weather.  I could not get my scanner to work to scan the pattern, but it is Butterick  5685, View C. 

Hope to post the finished version soon.  I only need to put the lining, buttonholes and hem in.
As always, Happy Sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

McCalls 7429

Well I am back at it again. I decided I needed a new black dress and I am so loving that twisted pleated action of McCalls 7429. I made two ...