Saturday, September 16, 2017

McCalls 7100 Review

I have had this pattern since it came out but had not made it.  I actually have many patterns that were purchased as soon as they were released just sitting in my stash.  But this pattern in particular has been on trend over a year maybe longer and is still holding pretty steady.  It is the infamous bomber jacket that has been made up in various fabrics.  I finally made mine and am very happy with it. Here is my review.



Pattern Description: Semi-fitted, unlined jackets have collar, side-front seams, bands, side-front pockets, exposed front zipper contrast panels and sleeves with shoulder dart. A, B, C: Welt pockets. D: Kangaroo pocket. Collar & Bands: For moderate stretch knits only.

Pattern Sizing: XSSM-LXLXXL, I made the Large

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?Absolutely does.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Very simple to follow. If you are a newbie, the instructions to add the knit band around the bottom may be a little confusing.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I needed to make something rather quickly and this fit the bill for me.

Fabric used: I used Ankara wax print for the front and back pieces, a sweatshirt knit for the sleeves and ribbed knit for the collar and bands.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I did not make any changes this time but for future makes I will add a lining.

Would you sew it again? Definitely making this again. Would you recommend it to others? Highly recommend it to others.

Conclusion: This jacket was quick and easy and true to size.







2 comments:

McCalls 7429

Well I am back at it again. I decided I needed a new black dress and I am so loving that twisted pleated action of McCalls 7429. I made two ...