Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Vogue 1534 Review

My youngest daughter is currently on a cruise with friends.  She wanted a dress to wear to the Captain's dinner and of course turned to her mom(ME).  I was thrilled as usual because I love to sew for her.  She is a little demanding because she knows exactly what she wants and how she wants it to fit.  I have no problem with that but sometimes we bump heads, all in all it always seems to turn out right and everyone is happy, including (ME).

She chose Vogue 1534, which I thought was a very beautiful dress that would look great on her frame.  I had some lace printed fabric in my stash and purchased some taffeta for the bottom portion of the dress.



Here is my review.

Pattern Description:  Vogue 1534, Halter neck pleated floor length dress.  Close-fitting through the bodice, lined dress has halter neckline, full skirt and contrast bodice.
Pattern Sizing: 6-22


Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? yes it did


Were the instructions easy to follow?
 I actually did not follow the instructions as they were not in the pattern that I purchased. The dress was simple enough for me to figure out without instructions.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
 I liked the pattern as it was straightforward, no twists and turns.

Fabric used:
 for the bodice and waist I used a lace printed fabric I had in my stash and the skirt was made from a taffeta purchased from JoAnn's Fabrics.  I used a lining that was already in my stash as well.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I did not have to do any alterations, the only thing I changed was on the bodice I left the top portion unlined as my daughter wanted a sweetheart neckline to show through the lace.


Would you sew it again? I may sew the skirt portion again.  Would you recommend it to others?
 Yes, it is a quick and easy pattern.

Conclusion:
 Very satisfied with how this turned out.  



This is the only pic sent to me by my daughter. She looks very beautiful in the dress and was very pleased.

As always, Happy Sewing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

McCalls 7429

Well I am back at it again. I decided I needed a new black dress and I am so loving that twisted pleated action of McCalls 7429. I made two ...