Thursday, September 7, 2017

Summers Over Looking forward to Fall

I cannot believe I have not been posting to my blog. I have been sewing and posting to my Instagram.  I had great intentions of making great posts but that fell by the wayside.  Hopefully I can make up for the lack of posts before the year is done.

Here is one of my latest makes.  I saw this particular cape on a friend at church over a year ago and knew I wanted one in my wardrobe. I begin making the strips necessary for the cape and that was as far as I got.  Balled them up and placed them in a plastic bag and forgot about.

A year later and I am working on another project and I decided to pull out the bag with my strips and decided I needed to get her done.  Well it took me a day to put all of the strips together, to make sure the cape draped around my shoulders and fell exactly where I wanted it and VOLA....finished.

I can't tell you how pleased I am that it is completed and I have already begin another one.  But it is very time consuming to get it just right.

Check out the pics below and see what I am talking about.  Happy Sewing during this National Sewing Month!






No comments:

Post a Comment

McCalls 7429

Well I am back at it again. I decided I needed a new black dress and I am so loving that twisted pleated action of McCalls 7429. I made two ...